Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve......

6 DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS:

I guess I should start out with Happy Holidays to All....I have been on a short hiatus but thought I would come out of hibernation and post some wonderful pictures I took during the Holiday.  I love New York during Christmas time because you have the spectacular Tree Lighting at Rockefeller Center to Lord and Taylor's illustrious vintage window revisiting Old New York or SAK's creative window  depicting the story of the Yeti who for over 60 years has been rumored to live on the rooftop of SAK's.  So come on with me as we take a stroll through Rockefeller Center and a peek through SAK's window...

CHRISTMAS TREE @ ROCKEFELLER CENTER
 
 
ROCKEFELLER CENTER
 
 
SAKS 5th AVENUE: YETI HOLIDAY WINDOW

 
 
LORD & TAYLORS: VINTAGE OLD NEW YORK HOLIDAY WINDOW
 
 
 
DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS DEALS -
TOTAL ALITTLE OVER  $50:
 
I got a chance to do alittle shopping the day after Christmas.  I must say that this year, the stores were laying it on thick with sales before and after Christmas.  It was great to be able to participate and I can't wait to tell you about my deals.  I decided to do the outlet stores so we headed to Long Island to do alittle shopping. I got a chance to stroll through Bloomingdales who was having a fantastic sale on shoes.  I must tell you I put a pair of Boutique9 Leopard shoes on hold as I strolled the rest of the mall for good deals.  You know how we do Ladies, we want to make sure we got the best deal before making that final purchase.  I was then off to Off Saks 5th Avenue and they were having a sale that was just too good to be true.  It was buy one clearance item, take an additional 50% off the price, and get two items free.  OK, now I really had to compose myself because I was working on a budget.  After making my purchases there, I headed on over to the Gap Outlet.  I walked in and couldn't get pass the first table because they had such a fantastic sale on sweaters.  I was able to purchase a few sweaters along with a few tanks and I then made a B-line back to Bloomingdales to purchase the shoes I had on hold.   OK,  last but not least we headed to the Lord & Taylor outlet store.  They were having an additional 50% off their discounted clearance items. Whew, these sales were making my head swim.  I
kept my composure and purchased my final item which was a Jones New York top at an unbelievable price.

I took the liberty of taking pictures of a few of my purchases and I thought it would be great to list the Original price along with the Sale price so you can see how much I saved on my shopping excursion. 

Bloomingdales
                                           Sale                  Original Price
Shoes:  Boutique9            $22                     $160

Off Saks 5th Ave

3 Black Label Tanks         $5.50 (total)       $90 each
(Buy one get 2 free)
(Pink, Blue and Green)

Gap Outlet

2 Sweaters                     $6.49 each         $39.00 each
2 Tanks                           $2.50 each        $19.99 each

Lord & Taylor Outlet

Fuschia Jones NY Top      $5.00                  $89.00

So my shopping spree cost me alittle over $50 but I saved $586.50.  I think I did an awesome job in savings.  I hope you too were able to take advantage of some of the great after Christmas sales this year. 
 

 
 
 
  
GETTING READY FOR THE NEW YEARS!!!
 
SAKS: BLACK TIE AFFAIR
 
 
 
Since we are preparing for the New Years, I thought it only fitting to highlight this designer:
 
GIORGIO ARMANI -

An iconic clothing designer who expanded his empire to include cosmetics, restaurants and hotels, Giorgio Armani was born on July 11, 1934, in Italy.  Armani grew up in a small town outside of Milan when it was a difficult time in Italian history. His family was poor and life was pretty tough.  Giorgio and his two siblings—older brother Sergio and younger sister Rosanna—experienced the hardships of World War II firsthand. Some of his friends were killed during Allied bombings.  The cinema in Milan was a refuge to him and the movie stars seemed so glamorous. He fell in love with the idealized beauty of Hollywood stars.  His fascination with the human form led to two years of medical study at the University of Piacenza. While taking a break from school, Armani had to complete his required military service. He had 20 days off from the service so he vacationed in Milan and got a job at a department store assisting the photographer.

After completing his military service, Armani dropped out of university and went to work at La Rinascente, a famous Milan department store starting out as a display assistant and buyer.  He began designing for Nino Cerruti’s Hitman label, where he learned the rigors of men’s tailoring and acquired an eye and feel for fabrics. He first launched his business empire in the mid-1970s, and it has grown substantially over the years. His popularity skyrocketed in America in the 1980s when his men's 'power suits' appeared frequently on the television series Miami Vice and in the 1980 film American Gigolo, which starred Richard Gere in Armani's signature garb.

 
 


Gere played a suave, high-class rent-boy who used his Armani suits as tools of seduction. Overnight, an Armani jacket became the ultimate status symbol for moneyed young men seeking an easy way to telegraph their success.  In 1982, Time put the tanned, grinning designer on its cover along with the banner “Giorgio’s Gorgeous Style.” He had a thing for neutral palettes such as blue, brown, grey, tan and black.  Inspired by his sister Rosanna, who frequently raided his closet, he introduced his first women’s suit jackets in 1975, in the same relaxed fit as his men’s styles made with menswear fabrics.  Another feminine inspiration was his mother— who took what she found interesting from fashion and ignored other trends she disliked. In the 1980s, women around the world adopted this new broad-shouldered, tapered power silhouette as a form of boardroom armor.  His clothes were revolutionary because he introduced a more natural fit while using subtle color palettes.
 
New Year's Eve

 

 
Praying everyone has a safe and prosperous New Years
I can't wait to see the Chapters you write in the New Year.
See you all next year!!!
 
 
Simply,
 
Flo
 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. wow that is amazing! I don't think I've ever saved that much on clothes before. That's incredible. I would love your feed back on what's trending and available for the full figured woman. Great work!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Imani and I will definitely list savings for the full figured woman real soon

      Delete